Re: The Unofficial QR History and Info Site updated

Dave Proctor wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Another advantage of this is it will speed up the site - I waited for one
> pic (4001_1.jpg) to finish, then saved it - it was 236KB - I resized it to a
> width of 450 pixels, and the size shrunk to 19KB. This helps to keep people
> interested in the site, since they are likely to piss off and go elsewhere
> if it takes 3 minutes for each picture to finish downloading, whereas if it
> only takes 10 to 20 seconds, they will stay there.

The information on the locomotives comes from Locopage and is used with my
permission.
I have resized the image and sent it off to David Johnson, so in the near future
it should be much quicker to download.
I noticed that Steve (the photographer of 4001) apparently has the same thing
happening when scanning that I do - when first scanned in, the image can be
rather large, but resizing it by only 1% can cut the size down quite a bit.
Don't ask me why this happens, though.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Land Titles Automation Project - Beveridge & Williams, Melbourne