Melbourne Bendigo line diversion tonight

Due to a car crashing onto the passenger BG tracks at Tottenham yards (near
the dual guage overpass at the Sunshine end), at least one and probably more
VLP services on the line were redirected tonight and ran via the goods line
from South Kensington to Sunshine -  I was on the 18:30 Bendigo Sprinters.
We were held up briefly by a SG goods where BG meets SG on the way out but
overtook it at the end of Totty yard.  A P hauled 4 car service was awaiting
clearance to pull into the platform at Sunshine when we got to the end of
Totty yard too - I'm guessing it was off to Bacchus March since there are no
other P hauled services on the Bendigo line till later in the evening.  When
we passed the crashed car it was ready to be towed away.  There was a
further wait at Sydenham, most likely for the 17:48 to clear Sunbury.

On top of that there was a druggie gone mad at platform 6 just before the
train left.  Police were there and spoke to the idiot, but he got on the
train and was off to Woodend.  The conductors initially did not want
passengers to board in case he went nuts while on the train.  I heard he was
pretty unsettled for the whole trip.

All in all, a most interesting trip home to Sunbury indeed, albeit it 1/2
hour late.

Reuben