Re: Melbourne Double deckers

Yes, frequency, comfort, cleanliness, punctuality and ease of access have
always rated as the major items of customer concern in the monthly customer
surveys undertaken in Perth.  Ticketing was also a high scorer.  Without
being too simplistic, get these things right and you'll have a chance of
getting the "choice" user onto the system.  Why Perth is a good model to
study is because only 2% of all pax are captive to the system.  98% of Perth
rail travellers can leave you at a drop of a hat and be in cars tomorrow if
you don't keep up the standard.

In some respects although not totally systems that have high levels of
captive users don't need to try as hard.  They can develop a supply driven
culture which of course was very much what took place for many years.
Melbourne and indeed every Australian city faces huge challenges to woo
choice users to the networks and it can be very hard to get that cultural
shift amongst management and staff to make that happen.

--
Graeme Vellacott
PO Box 322
David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
k45W3.19$451.446716@news0.optus.net.au">news:k45W3.19$451.446716@news0.optus.net.au...
> Graeme (gvrail@thatsent.com.au) wrote:
> > I'm sorry I can't agree with your views on frequencies.  In Perth, THE
MOST