Re: Swanston Street

Chris Sinnema <csinn@pop.netlink.com.au> writes:

> The speed of the trams in Swanston St is set at 30 km/h - the same as the
> cars. I think the main reason for allowing the cars back into the street is
> because the traders were complaining that they were missing on buisness.

The traders would get business if there were some decent shops in Swanston St.

I can't imagine myself wanting to head to Swanston St to visit a bunch of
$2 shops, cheap jewellery stores, Club X's and bargain-book stores at night...

Paul.

--
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page     | Paul Dwerryhouse
publishing, threatens to reverse the trend towards      | paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au