Re: Swanston Street

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:

> The traders would get business if there were some decent shops in Swanston St.
>
> I can't imagine myself wanting to head to Swanston St to visit a bunch of
> $2 shops, cheap jewellery stores, Club X's and bargain-book stores at night...

It's become pretty sordid, hasn't it?  Even in daylight.

And as someone else said, there are no carparks in Swanston Street
anyway.

More to the point, I've never heard the shopkeepers in the Bourke Street
Mall claim the absence of motor traffic was costing them business.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand