Re: Melbourne Double deckers

David Bromage wrote:

> David Guymer (davidmg@optusnet.com.au) wrote:
>
> > Melboune is very unlikely to get DD trains as it was against Government
> > policy. That is why not.
> > Increased frequency poses problems too. Where are they getting the extra
> > trains and drivers from?
> > 90 sec headways are dreamland stuff in Melbourne. The closest headways were
> > between Blackburn and Ringwood which could handle 17 trains per hour each
> > way after the signalling was upgraded in the early (?) '80s.
>
> Did you note the new goverment's policy to build a third track out that
> way?
>
> Cheers
> David

Yes, I noticed the proposal. Also electrification to several areas beyond the
current electrified network. I do think that the extra line from Blackburn to
Ringwood is more likely that the others as the franchise agreements supposedly
contain requirements for the operators to expand the system and Hillside doesn't
have many expansion options.
David G.