Attention Rail Freight operators

I am hoping to develop a list of rail freight operators who have school
project material on their web site.

If you work for a Freight Company and want your company's name used in
school projects across the country, this is your chance to achieve that sort
of advertising exposure for free!!

I know operators such as National Rail Corp have web sites with press
releases etc for adults as well as downloadable pictures of colourful locos
/ wagons and container cranes. The problem is sites such as this one are not
"kid friendly" and don't  have
a school project section. Needs to be suitable more for Primary  / lower
Secondary
pupils rather than preschool or adults. Some simple explanation of each of
the downloadable pictures on the NRC site would help turn the site into a
more "kid friendly" site.

If a ten year needs a loco drawing; the pupil [male & female] is not really
interested in the differences between a DL loco or an NR loco or an AL loco.
A simple generic loco sketch, with a simple statement about the use of the
subject of the picture, would  help the child understand the topic. If the
freight company's name was added in outline form, it too could be coloured
in. If the correct colours are given in the "colour by number" format, the
school project might appear as an add for the freight operator..... [Try
buying that type of exposure!!]

 Hopefully the wagon sketch would be suitable for colouring in by someone
older than
grade one. Sketches are also easier to photocopy so they could be used more
in schools.  Schools don't really need too much detail on the sketch as most
ten year olds would not notice if some of the side grills or brake fittings
etc etc are left off the sketch.

The material must be aimed at the "non rail fan" primary school pupil so all
technical rail language needs to be reworded into language suitable for 9 to
12 year olds who don't know too much about trains but might need some
answers for their school project

I have found the Sydney Cityrail's site and checked out its school project
material. Perhaps this Sydney site is aimed more for "entertaining" the very
young instead of offering school pupils material on rail operations. I don't
want to complain about the Cityrail site as they at least have made a
start....

Has anyone seen overseas sites that are usable, please?

I work in a school and frequently get asked for all the above type of
material.  I wonder what happens at schools that don't have a rail fan on
staff?

It also could serve as a method of gaining the attention of future rail
fans...

One more matter; kids are not legal experts so the site needs to be
"copyright free" for non profit educational purposes such as school
homework projects. Of course, commercial reproduction would not be free.

Cheers

Peter  Cokley

Gold Coast, Australia
petan@ion.com.au