Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

Ian Johnston <engs0011@sable.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Aren't outward-opening doors there for safety reasons? Quicker and easier to
> open in a crash or fire, and in the event of structural distortion they at
> least have the option of falling off. HSE does not generally look kindly on
> inward opening doors on escape routes from buildings: why should trains be
> different?

They're also far better for crush-loading, assuming they're centrally
locked so no-one can fall out.  Compare a crammed Pacer with a crammed
Mark 2/3 coach, and you'll see what I mean.

Neil
--
ScoutNet UK's special envoy to Hamburg, Germany

"There's not enough hours in a day" - Gomez