Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

Rod Gayford <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> wrote in message
381E83B6.6650E899@smartchat.net.au">news:381E83B6.6650E899@smartchat.net.au...
> Sorry you misunderstood. I was not talking of comfort level but the
> differing engineering standards between the two designs. I am sure you
> are right in your comments about the comfort levels. The Aussie coaches
> tend more to the US Stainless steel Budd designs and I believe area a
> safer design...

Not to mention the inward opening doors (I cannot believe that British Rail
were still building carriages with outward opening doors in the 1980's!)

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au