Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

Arthur Marsh <marsh@ties.itu.ch> wrote in aus.rail:

>Michael Kurkowski wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It goes a pretty long way, so can it be called the FAR-GHAN ? :-)
>
>...or rename the Adelaide to Alice Springs service the Afghan Hound and
>the the Alice Springs to Darwin service the Beagle (after the ship that
>Charles Darwin travelled on)?

No good, 'cause then we will call the train crew the "Beagle Boys".

Perhaps the Baghdad Express might be better suited judging by the
number of illegal immigrants attempting to arrive here from Iraq.
Perhaps the Ghan isn't such a departure from reality either.

I prefer the "Darwin Dili Dally" - any takers?

Les Brown