Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

In article <7vdehs$9u9$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> writes:
>From: "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com>
>Subject: Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin
>Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:35:43 +1000

>(X-post added)

>Eric Cartman <erkemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> They'd be mad not to......
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> < Tell > wrote in message ...
>> >Heard on ABC Territory Radio this morning, a Great
>> >Southern Railway spokesman who said the company is
>> >negotiating with the consortium, to run the Ghan
>> >service through to Darwin on completion of the line.

One obvious question that no one seems to have asked is exactly what is the
passenger rail requirement for trains to Darwin?
Darwin is a very small city , 1/3 the size of Canberra which only rates 3
explorers a day, of 2 - 3 cars each.
Whilst there is a high demand for passengers to Alice Springs because of the
tourism potential , is the same true for Darwin.
Ive only been to darwin once in my life , and have no wish to ever go back
there, simply too hot.

MD