Re: Melbourne Double deckers

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38201E94.BC5CEBAE@ozemail.com.au">news:38201E94.BC5CEBAE@ozemail.com.au...
>     Can they only take 6 cars? That seems a bit short sighted of the
> designers, especially as they were running 7 car tait trains in the 70's.
> Anyway, I still think they should increase the frequency of trains. Perth
> trains are only two cars but they are very frequent. I was in Perth in
1993
> and during the peak period trains ran every 10 minutes on all lines.

Taits were not intended to run through the loop. It happened once or twice
when the loop opened in the early 80s, but it was never meant to happen.

I remember riding a Harris through the loop, with the doors wide open and
the lights not working. Very psychedelic!

Daniel

--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au