Re: looking on with responsibility

Chris Stratton wrote:

> Ron BEST <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> HBl33.1421$PN5.5537@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:HBl33.1421$PN5.5537@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > There used to be something in NSW called an "idemnity pass" or some such.
> It
> > entitled the bearer to enter either certain nominated railway premises, or
> > any railway premises. Could this be resurrected? I would suggest that it
> > only be issued to members of bona-fide railway enthusiast groups, and only
> > after the applicant had passed a brief exam on elementary railway safety
> > issues.
> >
> > I appreciate that the authorities might be against this as some would
> > construe it as granting them "open slather" to be anywhere at anytime and
> do
> > anything. However, maybe the idea is worth pursuing with the "powers that
> > be".
> > -
> > Rgds
> >
> > Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)
> >

> In years past there were places you could enter after signing an indemnity
> form. I had done this at Port Kembla Loco and Goulburn Loco. SMR had one as
> well so that I could enter the Pelaw Main site (this was before RVR were
> running their trains there).
> --

I have also done the same at South Dynon one or two times, as well as
Broadmeadow Loco and DELEC while holidaying in Sydney a few years back. At both
Dynon and the latter, I was also told not to enter any of the sheds.
When I was on holiday in Brisbane, my brother and myself had a look around
Redbank Workshops after filling in the indemnity form, but here we had to have a
guide as well.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers