Re: re Looking on with responsibility

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
374D587D.CB755C5F@ozemail.com.au">news:374D587D.CB755C5F@ozemail.com.au...
> < Tell > wrote:
>
> > OK you can get "wounded" from time to time, I have and
> > I admit it.  This is 1999.  The age of electronic
> > exchange.  Come on you lurkers with mobs of tales and
> > experiences, join in, we have a common interest.
>
> Ok...  Way back when I was young, I went to Port Kembla, and asked at the
main
> gate if I could walk around BHP property and take photos of their
extensive rail
> system.  They said no, so I climbed off a bridge and spent the rest of the
day
> photting and cab-riding around BHP without permission.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
>
> One of my relatives was walking along the 2'6" between UFG and
Belgrave,some time between 1947 and 1952 with a couple of mates, they where
keen hikers and train fans as well.
Unfortunately for them it was against the law to walk on the track and they
where apprehended by men in coats and hats, taken to the station and had
names and addresses taken.
The end result, a two schilling and sixpence fine for each lad and they
where told they now would have a "police record"
Can you just picture the same thing happening today up in the Dandenongs.
Graeme
Ps Sorry I can not be more specific with the dates and locations or the
names of the men in coats and hats,Its to protect the living.;-)