Re: Route 70 Tram (Melb)

David Langley wrote:
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > And I wonder why they didn't put the trams on the eastern side of the
> > Exhibition Street extension, so they wouldn't have to cross car traffic
> > twice.
>
> The new road is a two way road the trams will have to be in the middle but will
> turn with T lights I guess.

I presume the trams will have their own lanes, so if I ran the world I'd
have put the tram lanes on the eastern side of the bridge (separated
from the car traffic; didn't it used to be like that in St George's Road
in Preston?). Then they'd only have to cross traffic at Flinders Street,
and could run over the bridge and straight to the tennis centre on the
southern side of the bridge. One less set of traffic lights; better for
both the cars and the trams.

Hey, if you buy an e-tag and carry it home on the 70, will you get
charged for that trip? :)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Custard Communications Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

Send a stupid e-card! http://www.toxiccustard.com/cards/