Re: Route 70 Tram (Melb)

David McLoughlin <davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
37475B8E.3B91@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz">news:37475B8E.3B91@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz...
> Johann Fan wrote:
>

> > Don't know if its been mentioned here or not but the new Route 70
section is
> > opening "officially" at 12pm on sunday 6th June with first "actual" tram
on
> > Monday. Buses replace trams from Sat 29th till opening....
>
> Over the whole line? Or just from the closest crossover to Batman Ave
> terminus?

Sorry... forgot to say that it was from Punt Rd/Swan St. they might as well
just say to people to catch a train from Richmond Station.... the new tram
will run to Spencer/Flinders (I can just see the bankup during peak hour
while they turn trams there

> If it is over the whole line, it would be interesting to compare how
> buses perform compared with the trams.
>
> Does anybody know what the approx weekday patronage is on the No 70?
>From what I have seen it is very low during nites and weekends (sporting
events excepted)
It
> would also be interesting to compare before and after patronage to see
> if the new city route increases/decreases it.

Should increase it quite a bit as some people can probably catch either tram
70 or 75 to places like Camberwell... Don't know which one would be faster
though...

>From what I saw coming home this morning, they have quite a bit of work to
do with the tramstops and things like that along the line (ie fences between
tram and railway)... most of the track is up and overhead too =) Just the
last section where the trams turn from Swan St. is incomplete.

cheers
Johann