Re: Route 70 Tram (Melb)

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Anybody know how close the Tennis Centre stop is going to be to the
> centre?

Outside the tennis thingy.

> Is there a proper pathway to the centre, or will people just
> have to dodge through the carpark?

Pathway.

> Personally I think for Olympic
> Park/Tennis Centre patrons, it's a bit of a downgrade in service. Can
> you imagine the tennis crowds waiting at the Swanston Street/Flinders
> Street stop during the next Aus Open?

The stop at Swanston St has been widened by moving the tracks towards Flinders
Street station and leaving the safety rail in the original position. It will still
be a squash though.

> And I wonder why they didn't put the trams on the eastern side of the
> Exhibition Street extension, so they wouldn't have to cross car traffic
> twice.

The new road is a two way road the trams will have to be in the middle but will
turn with T lights I guess.

David Langley.