Re: VR Staff & Ticket and Pilot Working

: > For a start, I have never heard of a long train staff and ticket
: section
: > being divided by a divisible staff. Block posts could be introduced or
: time
: > interval introduced. If the section was to long for permanent working
: then
: > the section could be divided into shorter sections by the introduction
: of
: > another staff section on a permanent basis.
:
: What you say may well be true.  The discussion about long and short
: section staffs under Train Staff and Ticket arose while talking about
: Puffing Billy.  There they certainly do have such a system.  A long
: staff covering Belgrave-Lakeside can be used, but if it desired (as it
: is most of the time) to open Menzies Creek and/or Emerald, then the long
: staff is placed in a staff box and releases the two short section
: staffs.  This staff box is located at Belgrave, so essentially before
: the first train of the day that decision is taken.
:
: It may be that PBR have "extended" the original VR Staff & Ticket rules,
: and that what we were discussing never could have happened on the broad
: gauge.
:
: Cheers...JD
: --
:
: John Dennis
: Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
: http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html
:
:
: --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
: ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

I would hazard a guess and say that PBR have created a safe working system
to suite their requirements.

Gavin Potter.

e-mail
gavpot@ozemail.com.au