Re: VR Staff & Ticket and Pilot Working

In article <pzM23.184$C3.798@ozemail.com.au>,
  "Gavin Potter" <gavpot@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> For a start, I have never heard of a long train staff and ticket
section
> being divided by a divisible staff. Block posts could be introduced or
time
> interval introduced. If the section was to long for permanent working
then
> the section could be divided into shorter sections by the introduction
of
> another staff section on a permanent basis.

What you say may well be true.  The discussion about long and short
section staffs under Train Staff and Ticket arose while talking about
Puffing Billy.  There they certainly do have such a system.  A long
staff covering Belgrave-Lakeside can be used, but if it desired (as it
is most of the time) to open Menzies Creek and/or Emerald, then the long
staff is placed in a staff box and releases the two short section
staffs.  This staff box is located at Belgrave, so essentially before
the first train of the day that decision is taken.

It may be that PBR have "extended" the original VR Staff & Ticket rules,
and that what we were discussing never could have happened on the broad
gauge.

Cheers...JD
--

John Dennis