Re: VR Staff & Ticket and Pilot Working

On Tue, 25 May 1999 11:46:01 GMT, jdennis@acslink.net.au wrote:

>>>However, what happens in the situation where the pilotman is
>introduced
>>>to replace a long section staff, which is then needed to be split
>into
>>>two (or more) short sections.
>>
>> Wouldn't they just attend the intermediate station and use the two
>> short section staves?
>
>Maybe. Possibly.  Never.  All of these answers seem to have been given.
>In summary, the situation is under Train Staff and Ticket Rules (not
>Electric Staff) a staff is lost.  Pilot working is invoked.  But the
>missing staff is a long section staff, and in order to run the scheduled
>trains, an intermediate block post is required to be opened as a
>tempoaray staff station.
>
>Mark says that there is no method of splitting the section by
>introducing an additional pilotman.
>
>Krel says that they would use the short section staves, although that
>would require a fitter to extract them from the staff box.
>
>My view is that using the short section staves would be sensible, but
>what happens to the pilotman?  Does he act like a staff, and stand in
>front of the staff exchange box until the temporary staff station
>closes?

Nowadays I guess that on ARTC and ASR (and ATN?) a train order would
be issued cancelling TS&T and introducing Train Order working.
On RAC territory SWU850 working would be introduced (the newest
version of rule 307).
And in Vic someone would have to get Mr. Palermo out of bed again;-)

Any ideas about Qld and WA

Cheers

Krel

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu