Re: VR Staff & Ticket and Pilot Working

In article <374a483f.27136092@news.netconnect.com.au>,
  krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel ) wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 1999 12:30:20 GMT, jdennis@acslink.net.au wrote:
>
>>However, what happens in the situation where the pilotman is
introduced
>>to replace a long section staff, which is then needed to be split
into
>>two (or more) short sections.
>
> Wouldn't they just attend the intermediate station and use the two
> short section staves?

Maybe. Possibly.  Never.  All of these answers seem to have been given.
In summary, the situation is under Train Staff and Ticket Rules (not
Electric Staff) a staff is lost.  Pilot working is invoked.  But the
missing staff is a long section staff, and in order to run the scheduled
trains, an intermediate block post is required to be opened as a
tempoaray staff station.

Mark says that there is no method of splitting the section by
introducing an additional pilotman.

Krel says that they would use the short section staves, although that
would require a fitter to extract them from the staff box.

My view is that using the short section staves would be sensible, but
what happens to the pilotman?  Does he act like a staff, and stand in
front of the staff exchange box until the temporary staff station
closes?

Most other responses seem to have become a little off topic.

Cheers...JD
--

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway