Re: CF5025 as used in 'The Matrix'

David Johnson wrote:

> Matthew Geier wrote:
>
> >  I noticed the pan up on one of those cars on Sunday, and noticed it
> > had been lowered again on Monday.
> >  I some what wonder the safety implications of a group of volunteers
> > engergising the electrics on a carrage that has not been operated by
> > the railways for a couple of years and hasnt been checked over by
> > the workshops.
> >
> >  I do hope that they did have a railway certified electrical fitter
> > around, or that the section of overhead is isolated.
> >  The thought of a bunch of well meaning but non qualified gunzels playing
> > with a 1500VDC power system give me the horrors.
>
> I think the siding the cars are in is not electrified (I'll check this
> afternoon), so the maximum voltage would be quite small.  I also am quite
> sceptical of the safety prospects of non qualified personnel working on these
> cars.

one of the sidings there is electrified, but not the one the cars are currently
sitting on.
The pantographs are air operated, you of all people should know that; the lights
are
quite a low voltage relative to that required for traction motors.. surely you
would also
know that the lights don't need 1500V? These are at household levels; an
electrician
would be more than qualified to see this happening. The whole thing is quite
simple,
a student having a few electrical engineering courses under his belt could be up
to such
an elementary task