Re: VLINE Passenger sale rollingstock - who gets it?

In article <37455105.0@kastagir.senet.com.au>,
  "Chris Drymalik" <drymalik@arcom.com.au> wrote:
> What is going to happen to all  the historic cars in the VLINE
passenger
> sale. I noticed when I went to the web site the other day that the
list
> things like the state cars, norman and murray as being for hire. Does
this
> mean that the new owner will end up with them?
>
> Also what happens to the heritage rollingstock in the posession of the
> various societies that is currently owned by the government? The
reason I
> ask is that during the Australian National sale no one gave a stuff
about
> anything heritage. A lot of things were ignored and now we in South
> Australia have lost some important heritage stuff. Most of the paper
work,
> record cards and things never made it to the National Archives.

According to "The Boss", that will be decided by the New Owners. I'm
sure if they don't want the cars, there will be a few takers. The
Seymour Mob (sorry,I don't know their full title) have just entered
into a deal, where they save HEAPS! in exchange for work on V/Line Pass
Rollingstock currently in their care and a few other things. But it is
not "a given" when the new owners take over.
--
Wombat wuz 'ere!
What eats roots & leaves?