Re: R711 Sat 15/5/99

> Another point:  when's the last time Hoy's put some of their rail
> generated profit back into *any* rail related items (carriages, locos,
> etc.)?

Hoys do a great job, there trains run to time, and there on train staff
are more friendly and helpful than any other passenger train I have
been on.  Sure there future may be a little uncertain, but it is the
same for any passenger operator.  Besides they can not put money back
into locos or carriages because they don’t own them, and have no
intention of getting someone else’s scrapes.  They do however put money
into thinks such as family fun days and run free train shuttles between
Shepparton and Mooroopna, and have various other event throughout the
day at the station.

Doug