Re: R711 Sat 15/5/99

Besides if the worst came to the worst and VLP decided not to lease them
anything as a ploy to get their service back, in this day and age it
probably wouldn't be too difficult to get some semblance of a service
together

eg Great Northern or Austrac or FV or NRC locos

How much rollingstock did GSR have spare again? I am sure they could lend
some out for a nominal fee if they didn't require too much effort to make OK
for Victoria. Shouldn't be too bad, seems to be a few Overland carriages
spare at the moment...and presumably they are still accredited for running
in Victoria.

Alternatively, how many steel bodied vehicles are held by historical
societies that could be hired. I don't know how many are used for the
service at the moment but I am sure between Steamrail and the Seymour mob
they should be able to cover most services. I am sure that Steamrail and
Seymour would appreciate the income from hiring the rollingstock, indeed
maybe Hoys could look into it as it may even be cheaper than hiring from
VLP? The politics could get nasty though...