Re: R711 Sat 15/5/99

>Wallyrail is a term used by many Victorians Yuri, you should know that.
>Practically every Vic driver I know calls it WallyRail.
>
>So can anyone tells me how all this privatisation effects WCR?

Yep! Wally Rail Is Wally Rail!
but I must admit that I am not angry like I used to be. It seems to me that
no matter how much subsidy they do get, they make a profit at their end, and
do put it back into Rail. I think the R and Y are splendid "toys" for all of
us to enjoy, and like Yuri says,
Mrs Hoys new buses leave me pretty cold. By the way I like that lady a lot.
She is a great business Woman.
Hoys and Wally Rail retain the rights to their Rail Services until the
Contract runs out, they will then bid against anyone else so interested and
the results will depend on the merits of all the bids.
Wally Rail are in the box seat though!  Where would anyone else get the
equipment to take over, even if they lost the bid, how much would their
Rolling Stock be worth to the new operator??
Rod