Re: guard/driver training (was: "Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe")

Mr Simpson wrote:

> Also to consider: with only one staff member on a train, what happens if an attack is
> attempted, as many attacks to guards have been mentioned on this ng and in the media

Basically, if they get rid of guards, it will only be in their current capacity.  I still think
they will be on the train, but not doing their current job.  They will become ticket collectors
and general passenger attendants.  This way, if the driver has a problem, he could call on the
guard for assistance.  Most drivers would lock the doors and close the windows and ignore any
idiots trying to have a go at them.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard