Re: Parkes triangle was Railway Digest April 1999

>Are you referring to grain from the south to Parkes sub-terminal? Does that not
>already head
>for Port Kembla or Sydney via Coota. Grain from north or west to Parkes is
>catered for by
>the motor points. There maybe is nothing to stop the hand operated points at the
>south end
>of the triangle from being left reverse for Parkes direction if there is nothing
>on the
>other leg for some time.

>David.

Any indications of where the staff instruments will go ?.
It will be a very long walk for the Parkes Signaller if they stay in the box.
I guess a pair of intermediate instruments at the Western Jnct would be ok ,
at least until TO working starts .
Is TO working going to operate from Parkes to Stockinbingal / Narromine ?

MD