Re: Railway Digest April 1999

Maurie Daly wrote:

> Does anyone have a diagram of the triangle and where it connects to the main
> line.

Not on me, no.

> In all the literature I have read about the triangle it seems to indicate that
> it is to allow NR trains to run from the southern leg onto the Broken Hill
> line.

That is its main purpose.

> No mention is made of whether it will allow trains to run from the Dubbo line
> straight onto the Coota Line.

Yes.  this is the same setup as Broken Hill to Cootamundra, as the line from Dubbo
joins at Goobang Junction.

> Also does anyone know which option is being implemented ,
> ie the low cost NR option with hand operated ground frames or the
> RAC full bells & whistles option with motor points , track cct legs , color
> light signalling etc.

hehe - both apparantly.  An NR driver told me that the Western points are power
operated, but the Southern Points have a ground frame but are set for South/West
movements.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard