Re: signalling - renewing an old thread re GCOR rules

Maurie Daly wrote:

> It would seem logical to then try to come up with a single set of rules at
> least for the WA,SA and western VIC SG which are already pretty close ,
> maybe some bastardised rules to make the NE SG fit ,or more logically
> replace the lower fixed red lights on the NE arrival homes to display the same
> aspects as the western SG.
> What one does about the NSW regime I havnt a clue .

Bear in mind that even in America with the GCOR and NORAC, there are
variations in the signal meanings amongst different railroads - the
rules are essentially sets of procedures and the signal
aspects/indications/meanings are supplementary thereto.

In the Australian context, this could mean that the signal aspects
remain different across systems but the procedures to be followed are
standardised.

Eddie