Re: signalling - renewing an old thread re GCOR rules

In <373ACA0F.490B@efs.mq.edu.au> Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> writes:

>People not interested in signalling and safeworking - ignore this!

>The debate we had a few weeks ago re Victorian signalling vis-a-vis the
>American General Code of Operating Rules is currently undergoing some
>mutations in misc.transport.rail.americas. An engineer (driver) there
>has asked for comments about interpretations about badly-worded rules
>for GCOR approach-medium indications on BNSF. Quite apart from the fact
>that this discussion is yet further proof of the limitations of what
>Mark Bau was telling us about his experiences with the GCOR, I recommend
>it to anyone who has an interest in signalling rules.

I wonder when we'll be adopting something like the GCOR here? Now that Raiil
Access are the 'chiefs' so-to-speak, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to
adopt a North American model or two for developing more 'uniform' signalling
rules and standards.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport