Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

In <373AE3C8.8F5F902E@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>> can someone pls tell me whether trailing crossovers used regularly for
>> turning trains back have one or both sets of trailing points fitted with
>> FPLs? If not, doesn't this contradict the rule about FPLs having to be
>> fitted to ALL points used by passenger trains in the facing direction?

>Generally, FPLs are only found in mechanical interlockings.  At Pneumatic and
>Electrical points, the Switch Machine is good enough to not require them.

The switch machine still has an FPL, but it's incorporated into the internal
workings, so it's not actually something that can be clearly seperated from
the rest of the mechanism and put aside as being "the FPL".

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport