Re: The Great South Pacific Express

In <373ACCE4.2DC08FF5@cia.com.au> robson <robson@cia.com.au> writes:

>jumboman@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>> Getaway next Thursday on 9 network is story on "The Orient Express in
>> Australia". May be OK..

>On that TV show tonight their Operations Manager said that they were making
>a bogie change because the gauge was quote .... about 4'-8" ... in New
>South Wales and 3'-3" in Queensland. A bit of a worry, eh!! What happened
>to the other 3" ?

And don't forget the extra 0.5" inch for standard gauge! That's more than
enough to derail any train over a turnout...

Yeah, I noticed that. Obviously a standard non-railway manager promoted to a
level that suited his incompetence.

BTW, the URL for the GSPE, in case anyone is interested, is
"http://www.orient-expresstrains.com/pages/gsmenu.html". It's very bare at
the moment, but I expect this will change now that the train has been
officially launched.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport