Re: ATTN DAVID B RE 32'S IN TIBET

The Morphetts wrote:

Keiran Ryan wrote:
Well I've tried my best to keep up with the storyline, and have come to the conclusion that the lot of you were recently involved in a major railway diaster, and nobody has yet received medical attention. ?????????????????????????

Regards Keiran (I think)

I understand Keiran that my friend may have confused you a little, mainly because he is a very eminent scholar and used to intellectual shorthand in his notes.
Surely, your not talking about the James that I know. 'eminent scolar', 'intellectual shorthand'  Your kidding, the word should be 'Jibberish'
For this let me apologise.

The fact is that it appears that either the Tibet Railways, or some other entity near Mt Everest may have serveral items of interest to NSWGR  steam fans. The particular items include the possibility of at least 1x34 class, several 32 class and either several Commonwealth railways standard gauge locos or at the very least a couple of 3'6' gauge 4-8-0 NMs.

A fund is being organised so that anyone interested in supporting research into bringing these locos home - especially the 34 class, if it still exists - can do so.

As for medical attention, it has been my observation for some time that a number of regular users of this board are long overdue for a grease and oil change.

Now for the really exciting news. I expect to have some photos of Tibetan steam locos (34/32 or not) on the net in the next day or so. I'm just waiting for one of our pals over there to extract himself from a fairly major snowstorm and get near a phone line again. I'll keep you informed - watch this space.
Graham
--

The Coramba Creek Timber Company's Railway
Web Page: