Re: Hastings/Crib Point Defrocking

On Thu, 13 May 1999 08:26:51 GMT, krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel )
wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Tack Y127  onto the rear  (a la Lilydale) and problem solved.
>Haul back to Frankston for storage; Somerville is still available but
>I don't know if I would trust the track work ;-).

But would there be a path to get back to Frankston?

As a case in point, I was just thinking about last December's SRV
train to Stony Point.  The down special crossed the up motor at
Hastings at 1040, ran to Stony Point (arr 1105), then straight back to
Crib Point (1130-1408) to get out of the way of the down motor which
is at Stony Point 1215 - 1330.  The up special then crossed the down
motor again at Hastings at 1456.

If there's no crossing facility (or even spare track) between
Frankston and Stony Point (if Somerville is too ricketty - but then
steam's not as heavy as 2 BLs on a steelie), could a path be found for
both special and motor to shuttle back and forth b/w SP and F?

Was December's VT the last steam to Stony Point?

Richard? Stuart?

Regards

Yuri
--