Re: Safeworking the safe way

> Not any more Upfield - Somerton has had it's ES withdrawn about 2 years ago.
The
> track is now worked as a siding from Somerton to the sidings near Ford. The
rest of
> that section is closed.>>>>>

You sure? Signal diagram 59/98 (dated 19/11/98) still shows the track all the
way from Upfield to Somerton as being in place. According to the diagram the
mainline is now enclosed by the Upfield security compound. Signal UFD509 is a
home signal with low speed for the security compound tracks. I doubt the would
put a home signal there if the mainline was closed.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/