Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh closed

dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:

>Geoff Lambert (G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au) wrote:
>> This would mean 420 trains per week on the single line,

>This shouldn't be a problem. Sunshine to Deer Park West has never really
>been anywhere near capacity. At worst, every train might have to cross at
>Rockbank.

No, not a real problem.  At 8 min for the DPWJct-Rockbank section,
that means a line occupancy there of about about 48%.  Once you get to
single-line densities of 60-65%, glitches multiply and the line starts
to choke up.  Similar frequencies on short single line sections occur
on the BLS and on the Johnsonville line in NZ, without problems.

I still want to see this timetable, though.  Anybody got one?

Geoff Lambert