Re: Brisbane Airport Rail

At this stage the proposed fare is $7 Brisbane City to Brisbane Airport.

Transfield who are the Contractor building the railway plan to finish
the turnout connection from the QR lines near Toombul Westfield by
December this year.  The display you probably saw at Bris Airport is
the mobile display that is taken to various locations for a week or
two at a time.  It was at Westfield Toombul about three weeks ago.

The "sheep dip" between the International and Domestic Terminals will
be one of the the most interesting parts of the construction. The line
goes from the 1st floor level of each terminal down to below road level
under the proposed taxiway for the new parallel runway and then back up
to the 1st floor level of the other terminal.

The line will be single track from near Sandgate Rd to just before
the International Terminal. It will then be double track for the remainder
of the line to the Domestic Terminal.  There will be crossover points
just before the Domestic Terminal island platform.

Graham Duffin,
Salisbury, Qld.