Brisbane Airport Rail

Does anyone know what the proposed fares are for the Brisbane Airport
line?  I believe the arrangements for this line are  similar to
the Sydney Airport line - Airtrain Citylink Pty Ltd will build the
line and man the stations at International & Domestic, but the actual
rail service will be provided by QR Citytrain.  I presume much higher
fares will apply for journeys to the two Airport stations than to other
stations which are a similar distance from Central.

I was at Brisbane airport last weekend - a display board detailing
the airport line is located in the domestic terminal, approximately
half way between QANTAS baggage collection and Ansett check-in.
The display gave a reasonably detailed map of the route, diverging
from the North Coast Line between Eagle Junction and Toombul, crossing
Sandgate Road, then following Schultz's Canal before crossing the
Gateway Motorway and running parallel to Airport Drive on the eastern
side.  Most of the line will be elevated, with elevated stations at
both International and Domestic.  The display also includes some
computer generated images showing the projected appearance of the
elevated line at several locations along the route.

There are also signs of preliminary earthworks cutting through
the scrub next to the Schultz's Canal, not far from the roundabout
at the southern end of Airport Drive.

--Colin

--
This account is a spam filter.  Please send e-mail replies to:
colingw<AT>foxboro.com.au