Re: Tours Cancelled

In article <18185-3732528A-59@newsd-111.bryant.webtv.net>,
PCCSTREETCAR@webtv.net (John Engleman) wrote:

> One reason that some prospective tour passengers don't book on tours
> anymore (at least it is with me):  The last three tours that I have
> purchased tickets for did not operate either with the equipment promised
> (The Late Lunch Train in Sydney); did not operate at all (Electrail tour
> of January 29th);

Unfortunately the Elecrail tour was postponed due a suicide at South
Kensington preventing our train from getting out of the depot.
Steamrail does not like to cancel tours, we understand the nervousness it
creates with the booking public, it is something we do only with fear &
trepidation.  The postponememt/cancellation of the Deniliquen & Echuca
tours was our first in 3 years, so it's a shame to end a good run of tours
but.......

It's been interesting reading the comments/criticisms, quite a few of them
are similar to things we have discussed as a commitee, others have been
bandied about at times, some will be acted upon and others will not.  We
would like to reduce our costs, but simply can't afford to, we wouldn't
mind putting Moorabool on the train but tonnage limits on virtually all
the lines usually puts paid to that idea, although it is something we
wouldn't mind doing at times.

We'll keep putting tours on the main lines and we hope we are doing the
right thing, it's not always possible to please everyone and sometimes we
will get it wrong.  We do occasionally survey our members to gauge where
we are going, feedback is always useful, but please don't be dissapointed
if we do not appear to act, it isn't always possible to change direction
mid-stream!!

Stuart Thyer
(Steamrail Director)

--