Re: Tours Cancelled

Richard Flinders wrote:

> Steamrail regrets to announce the cancellation of both the Deniliquin and
> Echuca tours in mid May.
> We have tried to run tours even at a loss to give some stability to the fan
> market. However the last few tours have not been profitable and we cannot
> continue to cover losses.
> What's the problem, lack of destinations? competition from other
> entertainment? high prices? Wish we knew!

One problem is that your advertising leaflets have become singularly
unattractive, in both the visual and contents senses. A tour leaflet
needs to sell the attractions of the tour to all likely market niches,
whereas the recent Steamrail leaflets seem to assume that people will be
convinced of the merits of travelling just by reading the bare facts
(and even some of the bare facts don't seem to be there).

Eddie Oliver