Re: Transport Tycoon Game.

The Morphetts wrote in message <3730C09F.2A0C374F@onthenet.com.au>...
>I use Deluxe & believe that you have to be at $100m by the time the
monorails
>click in to have a hope of topping $1000 by 2070. I too usually only use
the
>railways with a few busses and a boat or two. However its a tad wimpy (if
>you'll pardon me for saying so!!) to not have a few competitors about -
even if
>you do nobble them a bit! Its interesting to start with 8 & cut them back
to 2
>or three as you get on in the game. They act as additional funding and
building
>agents for you if you let them. Just wait for them to build a couple of
good
>lines then buy them out! The non deluxe version is a bit limiting v's the
>deluxe one - unfortunately I think deluxe is no longer for sale.

Woosy! Having only 2 or 3 competitors set to as high a difficulty as
possible and playing toy town mode is the only decent competition you get
after a while. If you nobble them, they have usually been bought out within
20 or so years. What will you do for the other 80? Even playing the hardest
level, I have usually bought most of them out by about 2010.

Agreed you can't get the Deluxe version, my Diamond Creek friend tried all
over the place because he loved playing the game, especially networked! Some
compilation packs have the original but compared to Deluxe, it's not worth
the bother.

To answer Robin in another post in this thread, you can rename the towns so
you could run Sydney to Darwin via (guess where). You could even rename the
engines to AN, BL, DL, EL etc if you wanted although you can't change the
graphics.