Re: Steamrail Board

If I may put my two bobs worth in.

I doubt many people avoid Steamrail tours because of the headboard but I know I
used to and I know a couple of others that did for the same reason.

Steamrail insists the headboard is there for advertising, has any sort of study
been made as to how effective it is as an advertising tool? Judging by the lack
of bookings, not very.

One board member came up with all sorts of excuses as to why this or that could
not be done, sounds like a entrenched railway official attitude, "its been done
like this for years so this is how it will always be done.

Lets face it, the railfan market is both finite and pretty much stagnant.
Steamrail needs to go after a whole new group in order to put bums on seats.
Don't forget the railfan market but have a look at other markets.

Has Steamrail ever employed the services of a good PR/marketing company?

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/