Re: Tocamwal and North

Doug Mason wrote in message <7gouma$vt4$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Now I have heard this from several different people, and they all say that
>Freight vic's main objective is to open up north of Tocamwal with broad
>gauge. Also I have heard that the drivers at Shepparton may all get moved
>Tocamwal because now they run the trains from Melbourne to Tocamwal then
>drive a car back to Shepparton.  Also 9354 (night goods ex Tocamwal) has
been
>retimtabled to leave Tocamwal about 7:30pm so no more crosses at Murchison
>East, as Shepparton will only have one person working at a time. So what
has
>happened to all the new goods that Freight Vic reckoned they had to go by
>rail.
>
>Doug.

Doug it is highly unlikely that the crews will be moved to Tocumwal. They
have only been moved to Shepparton in the last couple of years to do this
very same work!
Also the new North East Manager has been moved into Shepparton which will be
the  N.E. management base.
Freight Victoria has posted staff lists as at May 1 and they list all
proposed changes, such as your single FOE [multi-skilled Freight Operative
Employee nee. Shunter] These jobs will eventually lead to Driving Grades,
and as about 20 new FOE 's are to be found for many places around Victoria,
some jobs may be called soon.
Rod