Re: WAGR Tank Engines

John Wayman <trecker@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:hKMW2.23580$MB3.33022@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Is it normal practice to abandon preserved locos in this way?
>
> I thought preservation was more civilised in WA where the Hotham Valley
> Railway seems to set a good example.
>
> Cheers
> John Wayman
>
> In what way? Dd596 is under cover. Dd592 was under cover at Forrestfield,
both are in good nick. The pride of the ARHS fleet is S549 which has and
will see service hauling both our and HVR trains. In fact you may have
read/heard the 'Sammy' was the first of its type to visit Jarrahdale last
October.
Finally we have G233 ( 100yrs young!) undergoing an overhaul at Midland
workshops and God willing and the creeks don't rise, it will see service in
the last year of this millenium in 2000.
So speaking for the ARHS and HVTR I would say steam preservation is in
pretty good shape in WA, now that it has started raining the HVTRs locos are
ready to commence the steam season.
Rgds
NMF