Re: Freight Victoria Starts Today 1/5/99 but what of MPI???

In article <372D4E0E.7189048E@bigpond.com> Alan <Jherek@bigpond.com> writes:
>From: Alan <Jherek@bigpond.com>
>Subject: Re: Freight Victoria  Starts Today 1/5/99 but what of MPI???
>Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 17:19:43 +1000

>I thought MPI were doing the Maintenance?

>.
>> Goninans announced today (3/5) that they have a 10 year maintenance
>> contract with Freight Victoria.

This is an interesting outcome , given that just about all FVs loco fleet is
GM and Goninans are the Australia agent for GE.
How will Goninans get the spare parts or are EMD happy to sell spare parts to
the opposition.?

As an aside , one of the reasons that ASR didnt want the ELs was that their
maintenance contract was with Clyde SA who indicated that they wouldnt be able
to maintain the ELs as they were GE.

Maybe Goninans are a bit more flexible that Clyde.

MD