Re: Epping to Somerton Transfer, 25-03-1999

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Colin Harvey wrote:
>

> > This train through Clifton Hill at 0954 (25/3/99).  Six-car Comeng hauled
> > by X-class (I think).
>
> Yes, the transfer was run by X31 (class leader), in VLF livery.
> I was pretty damn sure (and so too were most people I talked to
> yesterday), that X classes were not allowed on the Epping line.
> Can anyone tell me otherwise, or did someone "stuff up"?

I know that they are not allowed past Heidelberg (However they have got as far
as the trestle at Eltham :/)

I was under the impression that they were not to cross the Merri Creek Bridge
between Rushall and Merri

Rod Young, where are you??
--
Thanks, Tony.

"Keyboard controller failure. - Press F1 to continue..."

New Homepage: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com