Re: Epping to Somerton Transfer, 25-03-1999

>> > This train through Clifton Hill at 0954 (25/3/99).  Six-car Comeng hauled
>> > by X-class (I think).
>>
>> Yes, the transfer was run by X31 (class leader), in VLF livery.
>> I was pretty damn sure (and so too were most people I talked to
>> yesterday), that X classes were not allowed on the Epping line.
>> Can anyone tell me otherwise, or did someone "stuff up"?
>
>I know that they are not allowed past Heidelberg (However they have got as far
>as the trestle at Eltham :/)

X class (and R class) are permitted to run between Flinders Street and
Epping according to the latest NSP. (Clifton Hill to Hurstbridge is
limited to T, P, J, K & D3 only.) Speed between Clifton Hill and
Epping is 65 pass and 50 goods. Loads are not published but will be
advised by the Motive Power Engineer (Is that you, Mark? ;-)).

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.