Re: Travelling home with Hillside trains <=> V/line

I also was coming home to the eastern suburbs from Spencer St on Sun.21.3.
As ever, there are no direct trains when VLine (and WCR) trains arrive.
The monitors stated 'catch next train to Flinders St'.  WCR was just a few
minutes late, missing one connection; but there was still another.  At
Flinders St there was no 20.42 Lilydale: it was at pfm 6, with no
notification in the centre subway.  I had to search to find it, and
fortunately, did not miss it.

It really seems that the pre-1898 attitude prevails.  The operators don't
even believe that they should be providing decent suburban - country
connections and vv.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith