Re: Ski Tube (was Reopening NSW branch lines)

David Bradshaw wrote in message <36FBF7C9.545@ozemail.com.au>...
>John Wayman wrote:
>> So you have to change trains to get to the top? Is Perisher an Island
>> Platform? Also how many platforms are there at each station?
>
>When I once caught the SkiTube during Summer, the train went directly
>from Bullocks Flat to Blue Cow. During Winter, I have only ever caught
>the train between Perisher and Blue Cow, so I am not sure of whether or
>not there is through running.
>
>Blue Cow only has one platform, and IIRC Perisher has three. I am not
>sure of how many platforms there are at Bullocks Flat.
>
>David Bradshaw.

Remembering back to my visit in the early 90s, there were four platform
faces serving two terminal tracks (a bit like the arrangement at Olympic
Park).  All passengers arrived and departed from the central island
platform.  The outer single faced platforms were locked off; maybe they open
them to handle super heavy traffic, although the trains were pretty much
packed when I was there.

Jeff